Eclipse Adventures on Fedora 16

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 11 01:35:44 UTC 2011

On 12/10/2011 05:55 PM, Ian Petersen wrote:
> You're missing the class named org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException, which
> suggests to me that you either have an incomplete classpath or you're
> missing a dependency. I'd start by searching to see what's supposed to
> provide that class, and then see if you have whatever that is.

The package providing that class is installed, as I indicated in my
original message. I'm going to remove everything related to Eclipse and
re-install. I had installed Mylyn from within the Fedora Eclipse without
realizing that I could have installed it via yum. I don't really
understand this world like I understand the Python world. In Python, I
only need the distro to supply the bare minimum Python. If it supplies
pip, virtualenv, and virtualenvwrapper packages, that's great, too but
it's not essential. I can always install them using easy_install. Once I
have pip, I can "pip install" whatever I want inside virtualenvs created
using virtualenvwrapper. I don't know if Java has anything similar to that.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis