GTALug (Greater Toronto Area Linux User Group) PAC (Political Action Committee).

Gary Layng glayng-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 8 17:02:00 UTC 2011

On 08/12/11 11:11 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> | From: Colin McGregor<colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
>
> | GTALug (Greater Toronto Area Linux User Group) PAC (Political Action Committee).
>
> Neat.
>
> Is this a new creation?
>
> PAC is a loaded term in US politics.  Does that make the name better
> or worse for this group?
PAC is a legal term in the Excited States.  They're regulated in regard
to how much we can contribute and how much they can spend and how much
they can contribute to candidates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_action_committee

> | (ie: things like copyright law).
>
> Boy, that's really important RIGHT NOW.
> C-11 is likely to be passed soon.

There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't