Is KDE 4 Stable? (was Re:Linus on Gnome 3.2)

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 6 04:59:08 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 07:11:45PM -0500, CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote

> I've been patiently waiting for TekSavvy to get their act together in my
> neighbourhood since late August so I've been using Sympatico as a
> stopgap measure since early September. Sympatico has to be the worst ISP
> I've ever used. I have outages multiple times a day ranging from 30
> seconds to a few minutes. I've been keeping an eye on the TekSavvy blog
> <http://blogs.teksavvy.com/> to understand why they still have a "stop
> sell" order in my area.

  If you can use Sympatico DSL, why can't you use Teksavvy DSL?  It's
the same infrastructure.  Given the complaints about Teksavvy cable on
their forum in dslreports.com, I'm perfectly happy with my ADSL service.
I'm on the 5 (soon to be 6) megabit 300 gigs/month for $31.95/month
plan.  The unlimited version is $39.96/month.  Tek also has higher speed
plans 12/1, 16/1, and 25/7 megabits, at higher prices.  But these higher
speed plans are all limited to 300 gigs/month.  See
http://teksavvy.com/en/res-internet.asp#adsl