Where can I get older PCI video cards in the GTA?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 1 19:22:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:03:26AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 08:06:49PM -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
> >   Wow, that was fast.  Thanks for the quick responses guys.  As you can
> > tell, I've forgotten that AGP existed.  I'll check out the Tigerdirect
> > store near Weston and Hwy 7 tomorrow.  I can get there by bus using the
> > parts of York Region Transit that aren't on strike.
>
> Or better yet to canada computers at rutherford and jane.  Tigerdirect is
> useless and the staff are rude in many cases.

  Tigerdirect's Vaughan store didn't have any in stock.  I picked up a
PCI card at Canada Computers North York store, just north of the YRT+GO
"Finch" terminal, which is just north of the TTC "Finch" terminal.

  YRT allows multiple stopovers+roundtrips on a transfer.  It's
effectively a 2-hour bus pass.  I got from Dufferin+Steeles to Weston+7,
and then back to the YRT Finch terminal on one YRT ticket+transfer.  I
took the TTC 60 (Steeles West) back home.

  I've got another pet project distracting me now, so I'll try the card
later.  I have tried it out, and yes, it does fit.

  Thanks to all the people who replied.