For any data recovery experts out there...

Alejandro Imass aimass-EzYyMjUkBrFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 31 15:33:31 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Lance F. Squire <lance-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I know someone who has/had a lot of picture files on an 8M Nexxtech usb
> flash drive.
>
> Unfortunately, when it is place in a Windows computer, it claims the drive
> is uninitiated and wants to format it.
>
> Is there any hope of recovering the pictures?
> (I'm guessing not... :( )

In Linux you will most probably be able to recover something.

But WHATEVER YOU DO don't go to Data Retrieval Inc. in Toronto
(dataretrieve.ca). In desperation we tend to fall into the hands of
con artists on the Web and we overlook many details that when we are
calm should stand out. Don't EVER do business with a data retrieval
company that asks you for money up-front. These people ripped me off
with a lot of technical mumbo-jumbo crap and they didn't recover the
drive, in fact they damaged it even more. Fortunately, I had a second
mirror drive which also crashed at the same time (which was kind of
odd) and got recovered perfectly by real experts at Gilware Inc. in
the US, and they were even cheaper than the con artists at  Data
Retrieval Inc. in Toronto. Gilware doesn't charge anything up front
and the turn around was in days. Impeccable!

--
Alejandro