[u-u]Re: Grant Officer

Digimer linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 22 16:55:25 UTC 2011

On 08/22/2011 12:44 PM, Anthony de Boer wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 03:33:40PM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
>>> Sounds like a good idea. Grant is more an old school Unix guy than a
>>> Linux guy ... so, does anyone have say an old Sun Microsystems machine
>>> that could be used as a hospital decoration :-) .
>>
>> I have some Sun 3s, but they might cause back injuries to move very
>> far. :)  Not sure they even qualify as decorative.
>
> Y'know, eventually Grant is going to be recovering sufficiently to be
> catching up on his inbox and finding some amusement in the collection of
> ancient hardware folk are willing to unload to brighten up his room.
> I've got a DEC StorageWorks and an MAI 210, just to add to the pile.
> Good luck getting it all past the nurses.
>
> I trust those closest to him will figure out what'd actually be
> appropriate and useful, and know they can look to the rest of us for
> any help needed.
>
> Hi, Grant!  Get Well Soon!

Hospital rooms often have just one chair. Build a second out of all
these old machines. :D

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"