OT: replacement fan for an Intel heatsink

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 22 15:42:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 11:40:47AM -0400, Andrej Marjan wrote:
> Better is a relative concept. For me, not having to waste the time to
> replace the heatsink would be better, even if it's a technically suboptimal
> solution.

Replacing the fan on a heat sink is probably more work than replacing the
whole heatsink.  Turning four little mount tabs and lifting a complete
heatsink off and putting on a new one and clicking it in place is less
work than trying to find and replace a (hopefully) screwed on fan from
a heatsink assembly.

Now back when heatsinks had clips that had to be put on tabs on the cpu
socket, life was a lot harder, but they don't do that on intel's anymore.

--
Len Sorensen