extending space

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 20 21:10:27 UTC 2011

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:29:23 -0400
Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> My /home partition is almost out of space, I just bought a new drive, is
> there a way for me to increase the space on my /home partition buy
> creating a 2nd /home partition on the other drive and "double" mounting it?
>
> Can I do this on Linux to create a larger virtual /home partition? Over
> do I need to copy over everything to the new /home partition and only
> mount that under /home
>
> Thanks

Rajinder,

    How difficult is is it really to just re-install everything.  You get a fresh install of the latest version of Linux.  You work out an optimal partitioning system.

    If you spread your critical OS across two hard drives, failure of either drive will shut you down.  Use the second hard drive as an archive, or a backup device.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org