extending space

Digimer linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 20 19:32:50 UTC 2011

On 08/20/2011 03:29 PM, Rajinder Yadav wrote:
> My /home partition is almost out of space, I just bought a new drive, is
> there a way for me to increase the space on my /home partition buy
> creating a 2nd /home partition on the other drive and "double" mounting it?
>
> Can I do this on Linux to create a larger virtual /home partition? Over
> do I need to copy over everything to the new /home partition and only
> mount that under /home
>
> Thanks

Depending on what backs /home, you may be able to grow it easily. Is it
an LVM logical volume? If not, how did you add space? Did you replace
drives in a software RAID array to get the new space? What filesystem do
you have on /home?

Details go a long way to getting help.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"