Where to get a smartphone *NOT* under contract?

Thu Aug 18 19:39:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 01:02:51PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:31:00AM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
>> Indeed.  One of the more unsung brands that seems rather good is Archos.
>
>Too bad about 90% of android tablets currently violate the GPL.  How nice
>of them.

I have heard this, but so far just from enemies of Android/Google.  As
for as I know there have been no enforcement actions.  The Android
devices I have looked at all have the GPL and source code available -
though it usually takes some digging to find it.
--

yours,

William