[u-u] Grant Officer

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 11 17:50:49 UTC 2011

On 11 August 2011 12:37, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> For those not on Facebook (and/or not connected to Jim Mercer), Jim
>> Mercer posted the following about Unix Unanimous regular Grant Officer
>> on Facebook:
>>
>> ---------------------------------------
>>
>> Grant had a motorcycle accident while on vacation in Thailand.
>>
>> He is currently in a coma in a hospital in Phuket.
>>
>> His brother is enroute to see to his care.
>>
>> Those are the details I have at the moment.
>>
>> Grant needs your positive vibes, please send.
>
> An update from Jim Mercer:
>
> -------------------------------
>
> Grant's brother has been to the hospital and seen him.
>
> He remains unconscious, but the doctors are giving a good prognosis
> for recovery.
>
> With his facial injuries, he will have some challenges ahead, but
> knowing Grant, he'll work it out.

I traveled in Southeast Asia for a while and had some contact with the
hospitals in Thailand.  I agree with the travel doctor I visited
before I left: the hospitals in Thailand are first rate, possibly
better than Canada.  He'll get good care there.  I hope he recovers
well.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/