VoIP home phone from Teksavvy (TekTalk)?

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.avery.frey-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 5 13:11:52 UTC 2011

On 02/08/11 19:39, William Park wrote:
> Hi all,
> Has anyone tried VoIP home phone from teksavvy.com (called "TekTalk"),
>      <http://teksavvy.com/en/res-homephone.asp#tektalk>
> or from any other ISP?  I'm wondering, for $9.95/month, what's the
> catch?

I have a friend on TekSavvy and VOIP from Vbuzzer. Unfortunately one needs a
Windows client machine to modify the voicemail greeting. I had to fix another
friend's netbook whose wireless was borked (an obscure setting in MS XP) so we
quickly modified the voicemail with that.

For the phone we're using regular Panasonic Cordless plugged into a Linksys
PAP2T-NA device. The Phone service is U$60 a year. It's been a year and there
has been no DSL outage (Friend lives in a condo) and the VOIP went down once.

Ivan.