Android and Huawei GSM modem - toronto dialup settings

Russell reiter rreiter91-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 29 23:03:05 UTC 2011

Your welcome. I've got a couple of notes on the phone as well.

The tether connection port at the phone is split by the case so it's
kind of a weakness. At one time I was getting unusual behaviour when
trying to charge the phone. I'd turn off the phone and plug it in to
charge, but if I accidently wiggled the cable the phone would boot up
again. That was frustrating. I used the traditional IBM blue wire or
in this case being Canadian, the Red Green fix.

I have no complaints about the internal hardware or the platform. I
have a huge canvas running and now I keep wireless and gps always on
as well. This is to kill the battery steadily over the four hours the
battery seems to last. It quick charges in two,

The factory sim has a 15mb partition with msdos modeswiching and
dialing exe files. I have a 16 gig sim for data but I think the full
capacity is 32 gig.

The headphones that come with it are useful as an FM antenna, but
that's about all. I may root the phone and see if I can cram arecord
onto it. If I used the phone as a wifi hotspot, I could listen to the
FM radio on my pc headphones.

Regards
Russell