Last typewriter factory in the world shuts its doors

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 28 01:23:55 UTC 2011

I've written two books using (La)Tex, and I'm just in the process of
reading a third one that was evidently typeset with some variant of TeX.
It's an amazing tool for scientific/technical writing.

Peter

> By the way, what tools do professionals use nowdays?  TeX is the only
> tool I know, but I doubt if people use that.
> --
> William
>
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 07:48:04PM -0400, Russell reiter wrote:
>> More efficiently. You can produce a lot more type if your not fixing
>> some cock up you could have avoided.

>> > This often quoted myth is not true. It was designed to reduce jamming
>> > so the operator could type FASTER.
>> > <http://home.earthlink.net/~dcrehr/whyqwert.html>

Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto
http://www.syscompdesign.com
USB Oscilloscope and Waveform Generator
647-839-0325