Debian and Postgres 9.0

Alexandre Cavalcante Alencar alexandre.alencar-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 19 13:17:30 UTC 2011

Greatings,

There is no much difference from Debian to another distro... by default, all
connections from localhost is allowed using ident or md5 authentication.

If you want to allow access from another host, you must edit
/etc/postgresql/9.0/main/pg_hba.conf to add new access rules, for example,
if you want to allow access to john for sports from 172.16.1.15, you need to
add a new line and reload master (pg_ctl reload)...

host sports john 172.16.1.15/32 md5

Sds

Alexandre Alencar
http://blog.alexandrealencar.net/