pci scans

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 17 13:23:30 UTC 2011

I have a client who has over a thousand UNIX hosts of various flavours.
When I started they were paying for audits and then manually fixing
them.  Naturally the hosts were out of control.  I pitched Cfengine to
them.  They were afraid that having Cfengine automatically fix all hosts
at the same time might be dangerous since they were not confident of
their state.

Instead, we created a Cfengine policy that wrote reports of what was out
of compliance.  The reports were then dealt with by hand.  Over time
with experience the client gained confidence about which parts of the
policy could be made automatic.  This continues to this day.

--
Neil Watson
Linux/UNIX Consultant