Trying to find my application menu...

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 11 15:36:25 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 7:12 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> | From: Thomas Milne <tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org>
>
> | Before I submit a bug report, I just want to see if this is something
> | I might have inadvertantly borked myself. Anyone else seen this or
> | have any tips to illuminate?
>
> No idea.
>
> But here's a technique I've used to solve some puzzles: create a new
> user and see (1) if its config works, and if so, (2) how it differs
> from yours.

Well, thanks for the tip, because that led me right to the solution.
The suggestions online all had to do with
/etc/xdg/menus/gnome-applications.menu, but I also had a
~/.config/menus/gnome-applications.menu which was _blank_. So I did cp
/etc/xdg/menus/gnome-applications.menu ~/.config/menus/ and it worked.
Many thanks!

--
TBM