OT: Job opportunities

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 8 01:40:33 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Jason Shaw <grazer-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Nope, nothing fishy or anything, just that we are growing quickly (but
> not recklessly) and have found holes that need filled.  Do some googling on
> FreshBooks and you'll see that it's an awesome company with a great
> reputation and as such, we have a lot of clients and a lot of plans but not
> enough (wo)man-power to make it all happen right now.  Developers are the
> major resource we are in need of though, what with being a SAS company and
> all.

My understanding was that SAS was a *hyper*-expensive product, as in,
thousands of dollars per seat, the whole traditional "mainframe
pricing" model (and I gather this hasn't changed).  One of my
classmates in grad school wound up selling for them for a while.  They
were real big on selling class time at their "SAS Institute."

When doing our grad work in statistics, the university found it way
more economical to do site licensing of SPSS.

But perhaps I'm misunderstanding, and you're not one of the SAS
companies...  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAS_System>