Post not going through

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 6 14:50:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 10:02:29AM -0400, Chris Calloway wrote:
> I've been subscribed to the TLUG list for over a year. I get messages
> from the list. And have successfully participated in discussions on the
> list in the past by posting.
>
> I recently sent a short post to the list concerning Toronto PyCamp 2011.
> But my message did not appear on the list.
>
> I posted about last year's PyCamp to TLUG and at least one frequent
> poster from the list, Giles Orr, signed up for the event (as he has done
> again this year) as a result. The post even spawned a small discussion
> about Python IDEs, and I participated in that thread.
>
> I checked my subscription by sending a "which" command to
> tlug-request-HcP7FbCj2GGbup2nOX2J7Q at public.gmane.org It informed me that I was subscribed only to
> tlug-announce. I thought this was strange because I've gotten all the
> message from the tlug general discussion list for the last year.
>
> So I sent a subscribe request to Majordomo-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org and then responded to
> the authentication request from Majordomo-jmbJ75VLJBo at public.gmane.org It informed that I was
> already subscribed to tlug, as I believe I am based on receiving
> messages from tlug, although the results of the which command seemed
> otherwise.
>
> The GTALUG list is the main communication mechanism amongst people
> interested in open source in the Toronto area. I would very much list to
> see my post appear on the list. Are my posts being moderated and my post
> concerning PyCamp considered unworthy? Is there something else I need to
> do to post to the TLUG list of which I may be unaware.

This post seems to have made it through.  No idea why others might
not have.  I have never had a post not go through that I know of.

Make sure you are sending to the right address (tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org) and of
course that you are sending from the address that is subscribed (I have
made that mistake before).

--
Len Sorensen