cheap domains host that is reliable

Brandon bsandrow-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 4 03:51:23 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 09:52:02AM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> Rajinder Yadav wrote:
> >Guys,
> >
> >I am with IPower and need to find a cheaper alternative to domain
> >registration. I don't want a cheap fly-by-night operation.
> >
> >Can anyone recommend me a place I can transfer my domains to and
> >save money. I got a few domains registered and saving a few bucks
> >would add up and make sense.
> >
> >Also the domain host needs to have a panel for me to log into and
> >administer the domain settings.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> I got mine through Google apps.  It's $10 U.S. per year.  My only
> complaint is that it doesn't support IPv6 addresses.

I have no experience with any of these, but I've heard good things about
them:
    gandi.net
    name.com
    namecheap.com

Definitely not:
    godaddy.com
    1and1.com

Here is a recent thread I came across w/ recommendations:
    http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=2392927

The only domain I have currently, is with Dreamhost.com because I had
some hosting with them at the time I initially registered it.
--
Brandon