Nokia CS-18 Rocket stick from Rogers

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 30 18:27:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:29:11PM -0400, Giles Orr wrote:
> Mobilicity's "unlimited" includes a progressive throttling as you use
> more data in any given month.
>
> And as a head's up to the person who was going to buy a phone separate
> from the phone plan: most of the time this is fine but a good friend
> of mine (the same person who supplied the above info) had an Android
> phone he'd ordered from the States that was evidently eating SIM
> cards.  Mobilicity was decent about it and supplied him with three or
> four(!) new SIM cards, but both the phone supplier and Mobilicity
> claimed the other was at fault.  After a couple weeks of hell he
> returned the phone for a refund and went with a Mobilicity-provided
> phone (admittedly not quite as good a phone).  If the phone is
> provided by the same people who sell the plan, the provider _will_ fix
> the problem because the problem is clearly theirs.  But if you have
> separate providers, it's far too easy to shift the blame.

Well that sounds unusual.  Probably a defective phone then.

My wife runs a Nokia E63 bought from newegg.ca on our rogers plan.
No problems so far.  We just had to add a small data plan to use internet
access on it since rogers of course classifies that phone as a smart
phone, which means unlimited WAP doesn't qualify on it.  It now has a
150MB for $15/month data plan, which is plenty and works well.

--
Len Sorensen