Nokia CS-18 Rocket stick from Rogers

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 30 16:29:11 UTC 2010

On 29 September 2010 01:21, Eliot Frost <web-d7rjRpVnz4HL3mmD008VJw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> If you happen to be located in downtown Toronto, Mobilicty and Wind both
> offer unlimited plans. Mobilicty's all you can eat data is $40/month, but
> with their spotty coverage I'm not sure if it's worth it over your current
> provider. I have cell service with them, and I have to set my phone on the
> windowsill to get a decent signal in my room. YMMV, of course.

Mobilicity's "unlimited" includes a progressive throttling as you use
more data in any given month.

And as a head's up to the person who was going to buy a phone separate
from the phone plan: most of the time this is fine but a good friend
of mine (the same person who supplied the above info) had an Android
phone he'd ordered from the States that was evidently eating SIM
cards.  Mobilicity was decent about it and supplied him with three or
four(!) new SIM cards, but both the phone supplier and Mobilicity
claimed the other was at fault.  After a couple weeks of hell he
returned the phone for a refund and went with a Mobilicity-provided
phone (admittedly not quite as good a phone).  If the phone is
provided by the same people who sell the plan, the provider _will_ fix
the problem because the problem is clearly theirs.  But if you have
separate providers, it's far too easy to shift the blame.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org