Nokia CS-18 Rocket stick from Rogers

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 29 12:02:44 UTC 2010

ted leslie wrote:
> they use standard sim card, but the plan is different then blackberry, iphone, etc.
> I am actually going to try and tie a phone to it soon, but i fear it will be expensive.
> With stricly a data plan, i am on the 35$/mon flex, for 500mb, and 5$ / 500mb additional.,
> they said i can use it as a phone, i even have a ph# for it, but never tried, and they
> said it would be pricey if i used it as a phone.

I go the other way.  I tether my notebook to my Nexus One smart phone,
via WiFi.  I've hit 5.9 Mb/s that way.  I pay $30/6 GB on Rogers (that
deal is only available until tomorrow, so if you want it, act now), but
have a separate plan for the phone use.  It may be possible to do away
with the phone plan and use a VoIP provider.

> but I am very pleased with it, just not pleased with rogers data rates. Iphone and ipad users get
> 5gb for 25-35$ (my dad has one and has this plan), its a total scam they run giving WAY better
> data rates to apple product owners.

I get similar with my Nexus One.