Shutdown of Xmarks

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 28 19:20:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 2:35 PM, CLIFFORD ILKAY
<clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 09/28/2010 01:17 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:
>>
>> I don't "trust them with it" - I trust them with A Copy Of it.
>>
>> If they went down tomorrow, I'd have a copy of My Stuff.
>
> How do you do that? To me, the real value of these on-line services isn't
> that I can bookmark things. I can do that locally and I can sync bookmarks
> easily enough without needing them. The real value is in the tagging and how
> I can search my bookmarks, neither of which I've found a good way to do
> locally. That I can easily share my bookmarks with others is a bonus.
> Bookmarks without tags and the ability to search them aren't of much value
> to me.

Hmm.

Script I'm using looks like:
http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/290

That's not where I got it tho.

I occasionally use the resulting DB to generate DocBook, some of which
I steal elsewhere :-)

See attachment...

Actually, I'm *not* backing that up.  Probably I ought to.