[GW-C] Re:Re: NCIX grand opening sale

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 26 06:04:18 UTC 2010

| From: Stewart C. Russell <scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| Drove by on the way back from Sayal (I've got the Arduino bug, bad).
| Line was waaay out the door, and not moving in the few minutes I watched it.

I went at about 15:00 and had to wait perhaps 10 minutes.  I bought a
disk drive and an SD card.  Not as much as from the last opening.

Plug: I was on the way back from a Camp X site tour, part of Open
Doors Oshawa.  Available Sunday as well:
  <http://webhome.idirect.com/~lhodgson/camp-xtours2010.html>
There's not much to see (all the buildings were bulldozed in the
1970s) but the talk was interesting and the walk on the stony beach
was interesting (my pockets were filled with pebbles that amused me).

Even though the Camp X Museum is listed in the Doors Open brochure,
the owner has closed it.  Not a happy story.  I always meant to go but
when I finally make it, it's gone.

| It's in the new plaza just south of Silver Star; north of Finch on
| Midland, west side. Anyone east of Yonge who's ever missed a Purolator
| delivery knows where Silver Star is.

I wish.  I'm east of Yonge, south of York Mills.  My missed shipments
go to 11 Morse Street (near Carlaw and Lakeshore) (I just checked the
nice note they left me two weeks ago (while we were home!)).  I've found
that you can ask them to try again or ask them to deliver to a closer
Purolator outlet for pickup.