Reading XD cards from camera; how?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 26 05:22:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 08:23:45AM -0400, Ivan Avery Frey wrote

> I picked up a MMC/MMC-RS/SD/SDHC card reader for $6 at factory direct
> about a couple of years ago.
>
> Older SD card readers don't know SDHC.

  I picked one up Saturday at the local Source.  Yeah, it's more
expensive, but it's walking distance from my place, near Dufferin and
Steeles.  The closest alternative is Canada Computers in North York.
The round trip is 2 TTC tokens at $2.50 each, plus an extra hour of my
time on and waiting for buses.

  It works.  The system requirements are listed as...
Windows: 98SE/NT/ME/2000/XP/VISTA/7
Mac: OS 10.0, Linux: OS 2.4 or higher

  Nice to see linux compatability explicitly listed on hardware.  As a
curiousity, the package comes with a dinky (4" ?) mini-CD with drivers
for WIN 98SE and 2000.