Netflix Expands to Canada - Don't Miss Out

Eliot Frost web-d7rjRpVnz4HL3mmD008VJw at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 25 14:07:34 UTC 2010

Well, the Netflix streaming client is implemented in Silverlight. I've tried
running it with Moonlight, and it's not even close to up to working. Plus
you have to change your user agent to even /get/ to the page, if you try to
watch under just Linux, it'll tell you your browser is unsupported.

Both Mac OS and Windows work fine, commonly suggested internet work arounds
tend to involve virtual machines and hacks like that. If you have seriously
streamed a Netflix show using Linux, I may have to consider a subscription.

Eliot