Girl Gear Pink Computer Equipment....

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 24 03:53:52 UTC 2010

I can still remember the days when my dad insisted his new shirt was
"salmon", rather than "pink"

Pink as a colour isn't too bad, it's that awful glaring "hot pink" that gets
way overused...

On 2010-09-23 5:40 PM, "Lennart Sorensen" <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>
wrote:

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 03:25:15PM -0400, aaron d wrote:
> I think it's silly that pink is STILL a "...
Yeah you would think after 70 or so years things get get changed up
a little.

> I would love to own a pink filco majestouch, some would laugh im sure, but
> those same people pr...
I have done so at times too.  Looks good.

> Pink rocks.

In the past pink was a manly colour.  Until the 1940s, red and pink were
associated with men (after all they are such bright and bold colours)
and blue was associated with women (it is much more subdued after all)
in western culture, after that it swapped and has stayed that way since.
Before that there apparently wasn't really any idea of colours having
anything to do with gender.

After all do people want red or blue sports cars?

--
Len Sorensen

--
The Toronto Linux Users Group. Meetings: http://gtalug.org/