On security - SCADA sofware defect (Siemens' WinCC)

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 23 15:32:02 UTC 2010

Morning pal

Just came to learn about this virus - Stuxnet.  If you google more on
it, look like work from a well financed organization which make it
petty interesting.

Now, what though is surprising is that changing the default password
impact the operation of the whole system.  How the f**k is that
acceptable in current times.  That would be like a good reason to
automatically eliminate it from consideration during sourcing I would
think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11388018

Really, am I over reacting a bit by stating an enterprise product
should at least allow password reset?

William