Native 32 and 64-bit linux Flash 10 Preview Release available

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 22 14:54:57 UTC 2010

Ted
On 21 September 2010 12:16, ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> i set my youtube setting to html5 ages ago, works way better. Flash? whats dat? :)

Wao, how do you do that?  I am on firefox 3.6.8   I am following suit very soon

> tl
>
>> I use FlashBlock, and I only allow Flash on sites I trust (YouTube is a
>> pretty good bet for not having malware). It also blocks the Flash tracking
>> "cookies" that sites such as Facebook use, which is an added bonus. Someday
>> we'll be able to get along great without flash, but as long as I want to
>> look at adorable kitties on YouTube, that day isn't here yet. Unless Youtube
>> has deployed Ogg Theora for Video?

Really long for that day.  HTML5 has its problem but I hope it will be
a little lean than flash.  I hate restarting stuff because a flash
script just monopolized all the resources.

>> > Another reason that I feel smug about not running Flash.  But I have
>> > to admit that there are a number of things that this cuts me off from.
>> > Like most restaurant sites -- why is that?

I admit.  I tend to frequent comedy central too despite having very
negative feeling about flash.  Ah, silverlight is however a step too
far, so I just don't care about content under silverlight any more

> --
William