Reading XD cards from camera; how?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 21 02:30:05 UTC 2010

  OK, now that I have a Pentax K-X and generate 15-meg DNG files along
with 5-meg jpegs each time I take a picture, I actually need a multi-
gigabyte XD card <G>.  The one problem is that I can't seem to read it
in any reader.  The only saving grace is that the USB connector that
plugs into the camera works, showing up as a bog-standard USB drive.
But transferring and deleting photos eats up battery charge.  I would
much rather prefer to use something like an SD card reader.

  My question is, is this a hardware issue or a software issue.  Do I
need to get a new XD-compatable card reader, or is it a matter of
updating the software on my computer?