Newegg Shell Shocker mentions Open Source

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 20 16:29:22 UTC 2010

Twice a day, newegg.ca has a special they call a "SHELL SHOCKER" (egg,
shell, get it?).

The one at the moment is "Rosewill RNX-GX4 IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g
Wireless-G Broadband Router / Open Source & DD-WRT Firmware support" for
$25.99, including shipping.

I've never before seen mainstream vendors mention open source in title of
a product.

This isn't a router I would buy.  It is obsolete because it doesn't do N.
It uses a Broadcom chip, so its openness is limited.

Bewawa is selling an N router for only$5 more at the moment:
<http://www.bewawa.com/tp-link-network-tl-wr841n-300mbps-wireless-n-router-2xantennas-retail.html>
Not yet working with OpenWRT but it looks as if people are trying
<https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=26561>
Only supports the 2.4GHz band and the LAN is only 100M.  More money will
get you a still better choice.