ivtv initialization error, ir control of Rogers set-top box

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 19 23:30:52 UTC 2010

| From: D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>

| I was going to test video with my Foxconn in order to see whether it
| had a problem like yours.  Well, cutting a long story short, one of
| the DIMMs seems to be ever-so-slightly bad.  This (I think) caused
| rather odd behaviour when I booted the system.  There are some other
| oddities, so I may not have gotten to the bottom of the problem.
|
| I think RHEL 6 was using the native Intel video driver, not VESA.

I ran memtest86+ from the Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit install CD and in pass
0, test 5 it found 5 errors.  On pass 1, nothing.

So I rebooted RHEL 6.0 beta.  It dropped int the text console because
it felt that it couldn't automatically repair the filesystem.  After
fscking and rebooting, it seems to work.

I wonder what's going on with this box.

The "intel" xorg driver works.

It chose the native resolution of my monitor, 1920x1200 @ 60Hz.

In /var/log/Xorg.0.log, the driver says that the chipset is "Pineview G".
(lspci says Intel Corporation N19 Family Integrated Graphics
Controller (rev 02))

The X.Org X Server is 1.7.7
Release Date: 2010-05-04
The intel module version is 2.11.0

Dave: how does this compare with what you are running?