Developers Fork Mandriva Linux, Creating Mageia

Marcelo Cavalcante kalibslack-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 19 11:07:29 UTC 2010

That's true. Really sad what happened to OpenSolaris project.

Also, my first distro was Conectiva. Used to work with deb packages. Then,
when Mandrake bought Conectiva, and name has change for Mandriva I stoped
using it. Just didn't enjoy rpm packages at the time.

But I'm already waiting for a beta iso from mageia to test it. ;]

Unfortunately they'll loose many users and fans. The name Mandriva was
carrying a great "weight". I hope mageia  can hand with this with community
support.

cheers,
---
-  °v°   Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha / Kalib
- /(_)\  ITIL V3 Foundation Certified | Certified Scrum Master
-  ^ ^   Usuário Linux #407564 / Usuário Asterisk #1148
- GNU-Linux - Livre, Poderoso e Seguro
- TUX-CE Member - www.tux-ce.org
- KDE Brasil Member
- TLUG Member - Toronto Linux User Group
- http://www.marcelocavalcante.net