cheap way of trying Bell ADSL service (today only)

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 14 20:35:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Lennart Sorensen
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 01:42:15PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
>> If you don't already subscribe to Bell ADSL, you can get four months of
>> service for $10!  This includes Fibre if your area has the infrastructure.
>>
>> Normally $30 (still a good deal), but $10 for today.
>> No deadline for activating, as far as I know.
>> You must cancel 30 days before expiry or they will roll you into a monthly
>> charge at normal rates (you can cancel that with 30 days notice).
>>
>> I have one from a sale a month ago but haven't activated it.
>>
>> <http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Networking_Enterprise_Class/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A3598007>
>>
>> I don't really like Bell as an ISP, but this is cheap and would be a
>> good way for a Rogers user to find out if you can get ADSL Fibre service.
>> Then (thanks to the astonishing recent CRTC ruling) switch to a better
>> ISP with Fibre (to the node, I think).
>
> I wonder if the horror stories with sympatico billing department of the
> past is still true (cancelling could be a nightmare in some cases).
>
> I am not willing to try it.

With all due respect to Ralph Nader, Sympatico is a nightmare at any price.

It is _guaranteed_ that they will ignore your pleas to cancel, and you
will end up with a huge bill, terrible service, and possibly a brand
new personality disorder from dealing with Bell's customer service.

I've been there. I have the thousand yard stare to prove it.

--
TBM