Panoramic Feedback is looking for a Seasoned Python Developer

Myles Braithwaite me-qIX3qoPyADtH8hdXm2+x1laTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 13 19:05:40 UTC 2010

Posted on behalf of Timothy Bentley:

====================================

Panoramic Feedback is a respected international provider of a
software-as-a-service 360-degree feedback tool
(www.panoramicfeedback.com). Our system has provided hundreds of
thousands of leaders with a broad perspective on their skills through
the eyes of their colleagues, which supports them in developing their
abilities to the full.

The Python developer we hire will work from our convenient offices in
downtown Toronto (Bathurst subway station). As a permanent full-time
member of our team, he/she will take a leading role in our software
development.

Please respond with a resume (preferably PDF) and a brief description
of why you see yourself as a good fit for this role.

The job will suit a candidate who
·	Enjoys responsibility, autonomy, and control of her/his work environment
·	Is a quick learner and likes to take initiative
·	Wishes to use his/her preferred technologies
·	Appreciates a small-company environment, where his/her contributions
have an immediate impact

Responsibilities
·	  Take a leading role in the ongoing design of our web-based software
·	  Develop new code, largely back-end
·	  Collaborate with our UI developer
·	  Documentation and testing
·	  System administration
·	  Code maintenance - fixing bugs and repairing customer errors

Qualifications
·	CS degree or equivalent work experience. Minimum 3 years work experience
·	Superior skills in Python, with at least a year of professional experience
·	Keen awareness of emerging technologies and trends, best practices
and design patterns
·	Working knowledge of SQL and database design
·	Familiarity with Linux web servers/command line
·	Experience developing web applications with an MVC framework, eg
Django, Rails, TurboGears
·	A good understanding of how the Internet works, eg HTTP, REST
·	Experience with Ajax web applications
·	Familiarity with software development best-practices, including code
review, automated testing, version control, and Issue tracking

Compensation: Commensurate with experience

Timothy Bentley
COO
Panoramic Feedback
tbentley-9uqKfT/VB6MKNb1xFVKl7WItS4zQEDct at public.gmane.org