Wine versions and Debian

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 12 23:31:45 UTC 2010

Ah, good idea. Okay, it shows most recent version for any of them is 1.1.42.

So maybe they just haven't release binaries yet. I got confused by
this statement:

"If the latest stable release of Wine (currently Wine 1.2) works for
you, then you may not want to use these beta packages."

Seems to say they would already have _beyond_ 1.2 in binary packages.

I wonder will I ever be able to install from the Wine repo, since they
use only Lenny, Squeeze, and Sid names, not Testing like I do?

Thanks!

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Maybe they haven't pushed up a deb for 1.2, why not download the deb in your
> browser and check?
>
> On 2010-09-12 2:38 PM, "Thomas Milne" <tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org>
> wrote:
>
> The latest stable version of Wine is 1.2, according to this:
>
> http://www.winehq.org/announce/1.2
>
> I am running Debian Testing.
>
> When I run 'apt-get install wine' it says I have the latest version,
> however 'wine --version' says wine-1.1.25
>
> I have this in my sources.list:
>
> #Wine
>
> deb http://www.lamaresh.net/apt sid main
>
> What am I doing wrong here?