Fedora Core 12 Not Booting

Lance F. Squire lance-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 9 01:46:40 UTC 2010

Howard Gibson wrote:
>     I have just installed Fedora Core 12 on my desktop, and it is not booting.
> ... I have an old IDE drive as a backup, and a 500GB SATA drive as my primary.  I am using the SATA drive, partition /dev/sdb1 for booting.
>
>     Does this look familiar to anyone?

Sadly, Yes...

The last few times I tried to install Fedora with my old IDE drive and a
SATA drive installed, I found that the drive labels where scrambled on
the resulting install even though the Installer worked perfectly otherwise.

The only solutions I found where:

1. Manually re-edit the drive info files so they where correct.

2. Install the OS on the SATA while the IDE was disconnected, then
reconnect IDE after the OS is known working and assign the drive.

I'm now working with option 3. Get a bigger SATA and don't worry about
the IDE anymore. :P

Lance F. Squire