TV Tuner in reverse?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 2 19:02:45 UTC 2010

----- Original Message ----

Yes, it does.  My TV is "HD ready", so it has every possible input connectors.
Right now,
its HDMI port is connected to external Kworld settop tuner, which in turn is
connected to
my antenna.  So, I can watch live TV, just fine.

Soon, I will run a cable from the antenna to my computer in my room.  So, I
should be
able to watch/record on my computer.

My problem is how to watch on my TV, as cheaply as possible, when computer and
TV
are not in the same room.

    - I don't want to upgrade to Wireless-N
    - I don't want to get another computer for MythTV frontend, just to watch
occasional
      recorded TV.
    - I don't want to carry my computer to/from living room, whenever I want to
watch
      recorded TV.
    - I can use my laptop (Pentium-M, Intel 915), but it's barely capable.
There is hint
      of stuttering, and VGA/audio cables are messy.

Cheapest solution is to run RG-6 cable between my computer and my TV.  Of
course,
assuming I can send recorded MPEG-2 files out into RG-6 cable as ATSC/QAM
signal.

I'll google "ATSC modulator".
--
William