Filling / in novel ways

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 1 04:16:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 10:28:49PM -0500, Eliot Frost wrote
> How well does this actually work? I'd be worried that if you denied the
> creation of a cache for Flash, it would simply not be able to buffer video
> or animation. Or does all of the caching take place in /tmp, and if so,
> what's in .adobe and .macromedia ?

  It works for me.  Flash videos get downloaded to /tmp and played from
there.  E.g., when I played a video just now, the result was...

waltdnes at i3 ~ $ ll /tmp/Flash*
-rw------- 1 waltdnes users 1515622 Sep  1 00:04 /tmp/FlashudJV8B

  The Flash file will get deleted next time you play a Youtube video.
*NOTE FOR DOWNLOADERS*... ***YOU CAN SAVE THE FLV FILES BY MOVING THEM
AWAY FROM /tmp***, e.g.

waltdnes at i3 ~ $ mv /tmp/FlashudJV8B who_s_sorry_now_-_Connoe_Francis.flv

  You can build up quite the collection of flv files (playable by
mplayer etc).