[OT] Public Transit

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 29 13:04:25 UTC 2010

On 28 October 2010 17:10, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> And which decade can we expect VIVA to have an LRT?  For years they have
> talked about dedicated bus lanes on highway 7, when did they suddenly
> start talking about LRTs?

It's hardly a pipedream; construction on dedicatedhas already started on bus
lanes on Highway 7 through Brampton and .Markham and is expected to finish
in 2013.

As for the LRT being sudden? Might be sudden to you. Not only is it real and
long in the works, it's already funded.
http://www.vivanext.com/light_rail

Bus Rapid transit lines in Missisauga and Brampton are also anticipating
upgrades from bus-rapid-transit to LRT service.
http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/845836--council-endorses-lrt-on-hurontario

At this rate the suburban ones will be done before Toronto's

- Evan