Wireless encryption

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 28 16:57:41 UTC 2010

I've done some research on this but haven't had any luck ...

In the old days of "hubs" you could sniff pretty much anyone's network
traffic just by plugging into the hub.  And the same thing is true of
unencrypted wireless traffic: just get your wireless card in
promiscuous mode and start logging.

But now comes the question(s): if Alice and Bob are both
connected/associated to the same wireless router that uses WEP
encryption, can Bob see (sniff) Alice's traffic as clear text?

How about with WPA, and WPA2?

I encourage people to use SSL at all times anyway ...  Blame Firesheep
for the questions.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/