[OT] Public Transit

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 27 17:05:24 UTC 2010

> Well I have a hard time believing GM made an excellent product, but I
> guess at some point in time (long ago) they probably did.  Of course
> given how they have done since they would probably have been making the
> same model still if no one had been competing with them.

GM were instrumental in getting streetcars replaced with busses in many
American cities. It's interesting to speculate why that didn't happen
entirely in Toronto: farsightedness or inertia?

The Great American Streetcar Scandal
http://environment.about.com/od/fossilfuels/a/streetcars.htm

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto