today is the day

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 27 15:40:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> In fact catering to drivers reminds me of playing simcity.  There was
> always complaints about "We want more roads for our cars" and no matter
> how many expensive to maintain roads you made, there was always too
> much traffic and polution and they still wanted more roads.  The only
> way to do well in simcity was to ignore the vocal minority that wanted
> to drive their cars and make a good public transit system instead.

Hmm.. When I play Simcity[1] I always put in a good public transport
system  but I've never played with a deliberate bias away from cars
(despite my real-world views on this).  I'm going to try that :)

[1] Simcity classic was released open source a few years ago as
Micropolis and is available on Linux.  This is the version I continue to
play.

Cheers,

Rob

--