why does Ubuntu need so large a USB stick?

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 23 17:19:17 UTC 2010

Just out of curiosity, did your client at all the gobblegook characters to
the end of the message, or is it just me. Seems odd.

On 2010-10-23 10:14 AM, "E K" <ekg_ab-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

It does preserve the existing file. I had to carry the .iso on the same
stick that I made  bootable, because I downloaded the iso on an Ubuntu 8.04
machine that doesn't have the utility. At the end of the process I have the
bootable USB stick with the original .iso file intact. In that scenario, 2GB
is reasonable. Probably, that is the scenario that they are assuming.

EK