Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 19 15:12:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:56:09AM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> Well, here is a pocket size device that does a 100" screen:
>
>    www.microvision.com/showwx/

Quote:
"High resolution (WVGA 848x480) brings out every detail"

What idiot marketing person decided 848x480 could be called high
resolution and to claim it brings out every detail especially at 100"
projected screen size.  It is a completely useless joke of a projector.

I just put up with the 1680x1050 display on my laptop.  My desktop has
1920x1200 which I consider minimum for a workable display.  Going back
to the resolutions of VGA 20 years ago is nothing but a joke.

--
Len Sorensen