Fwd: Ubuntu 10.10 is Released

Alex Gabriel alexgabriel-CzeTG9NwML0 at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 18 11:03:36 UTC 2010

Historically, using the key combination of Ctrl+Alt+Backspace was
sufficient to restart X.  However, this seems to have been disabled in
the more recent versions of (K)Ubuntu, though it still works for other
distros.

I've noticed that the only way now to restart X is to log out of your
session, then use the power menu on the main screen to restart X.  I
don't know the exact method (I use Kubuntu, so the option may be
different), but that's generally what I have to do.

It's a bit slower than the older method, but it still works to restart X.

I prefer the older method (I suppose I could change key bindings
somewhere) as it allowed me to restart a non functioning X, but the new
way still works.

Alex Gabriel
Winders: Where's y'all wanna git t'day?