shellinabox

teddy mills teddymills-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 14 16:26:20 UTC 2010

I am sure many TLUG have portforwarded 22 NAT SSHv2 to a physical or
virtual server.

But to get a remote shell with just a browser was sometimes tricky.
You had to use WebMin/SSHv2 java module or use a laptop with SSH client.
In many remote locations, this was not easy or possible.

I found this be another option.

I used one of the TurnKey Linux distros.
http://www.turnkeylinux.org/

I like these distros because they seem well made.
Fast+Secure+Small footprint.

I installed TurnKey on my ESXI server.
You can install TurnKey on a virtual or physical box.

Portforward to your TurnKey Linux distro

12320/ShellinaBox
12321/Webmin

Then your set. You got a shell wherever you got a browser.

Browse to your server remotely at http://a.b.c.d:12320 and login!
It is SSL, so it seems pretty secured.