Fwd: Ubuntu 10.10 is Released

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 12 17:31:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Lennart Sorensen
> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 04:54:11PM -0400, Rajinder Yadav wrote:
>> if you watched the hitcher's guide to the universe you would have been
>> cracking-up reading this. I find the ubuntu camp can look at themselves
>> and poke fun at their work!
>
> I have seen the movie, the tv shows, heard the radio shows and read
> the books.  I did not find Ubuntu's release comments at all funny.
> I think they have completely missed the point.
>
> What does 42 = 101010 have to do with ubuntu 10.10?  It doens't even
> have the same digits.  Overall a very ill conceived and not well thought
> out rambling.

101010 binary = 42 decimal

I found it much more entertaining that
110010111001001010100100111010011 is a palindromic prime.

Of course, in the HHGTTG frame, it would be true to say that, in base
13, 9 times 6 = 42.

Those that want to regard the Ubuntu folk as annoying gits will find
the whole release thing to be annoying.

There are BSD folk that think roughly the same way about Linus
Torvalds, and there's not a strong counterargument to be made.  Sadly,
no entertaining prime numbers there :-).