kubuntu 10.10

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 10 08:27:46 UTC 2010

On 10-10-10 03:51 AM, ted leslie wrote:
> Reading your email, i went to ubuntu to download but it turned out to
> still be 10.4,

ya apparent 10.10 is not out but should be today, read this

btw, if you go to the kubuntu site it still says 1 day left! i guess
they are having problems finding maintainers =)

> but i saw about the weirdest thing i have ever seen (with respect to
> linux) on their site
> just now,
> under the download of 10.4, 64bit, it says: Not recommended for daily
> desktop usage

ha! i've been using kubuntu 10.04 x64 daily with no problems for over a year

> Who even has 32 bit computers any more? so ubuntu only recommends
> 32bit os for "daily desktop usage".
> Maybe their site got hacked?
>
> I have to give 10.10 a try, 9.10 supported sleep/hibernate on my pc,
> but 10.04 didn't (great regression),

I have sleep/hibernation on my 10.04 kubuntu, possibly you need to go to
settings to enable?

i usually suspend to ram rather than shutting down, its awesome for
faster boot up. I save any open document to disk first and close them
down just in case of memory corruption!

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav